- The military section on Regiapædia
- Round shield designs (PDF) By Gavin Archer
- Fitting a spear head (PDF) By Stuart Makin
- How to make a round shield By Malcolm Butler
- Sword care (YouTube Video) By Ben Rees
- Axe care (YouTube Video) By Ben Rees
- Shield care (YouTube Video) By Ben Rees
- Helmet care (YouTube Video) By Ben Rees
- Maille care (YouTube Video) By Ben Rees
Equipment stuff for members
Example of good kit
- AO’s Kit Photo Guide — examples of equipment and kit picked out by the AO for their excellence.
- Regiapædia — a mine of information.
Guides for beginners
- New Members Handbook — introduction for new members.
- Basic Clothing — information on clothing and some patterns.
- How to make a round shield — a photo guide to the basics.
Help with individual bits of kit
Click on parts of the viking image below to get information about each bit of kit.
Crafts and LHE equipment
Dyes and some more advanced stuff
- Rondel Embroidery Designs — examples or high class embroidery patterns provided by Liz Daborn for those who need them.
- Regia Natural Dye Project — results of efforts to die natural fibres using natural dyes.
- Dye Equivalent Colours — a list of modern equivalents to period dyes.
Knew where things were before?
If you are familiar with the old list of things and think the webmaster is an evil barbarian of the highest order for implementing a change, he has kept the old list of things available here in an attempt to placate you.Documents